A one stop shop of information to help you look after your own health and stay well in Knowsley is available at www.thelivewelldirectory.com
The online directory provides a range of information and support about health and wellbeing, as well as housing and community services available in Knowsley and the surrounding areas in the Liverpool City Region. Plus it’s free and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and instantly updated so contains all of the up-to-date news, advice and support.
Simply select Knowsley from the local authority drop-down menu at the top right hand side of the screen to receive the most up-to-date advice and guidance on how to live well in Knowsley.
- Living independently, including equipment and aids that can help you to stay in your own home and avoid the need for admittance to hospital or a nursing / residential home and how to access handyperson services to help you keep on top of your garden, laundry and cleaning.
- Staying safe including home safety advice, internet safety and home maintenance.
- Community, leisure and learning including courses taking place in your area, keeping active and opportunities to get involved in your community, such as volunteering.
- Being a carer including benefits advice, personal budgets and support groups available to you.
- Housing and accommodation – from supported living to nursing homes, hospices to extra care living, you’ll find all the answers to your housing questions here.
- Your health and wellbeing – advice and guidance is available on a range of health conditions, support services in the area and advice on how to keep well.
- Getting Active – from swimming, netball and Tai Chi, through to badminton, walking and cycling, there’s something for all interests in this section.
- Advice and guidance on a range of issues including managing your finances and reducing your energy bills.
There’s also a Children and Families section providing a range of useful information and services available to support families, activities for children and young people and information about schools and colleges.
The directory supports Knowsley Better Together, which brings people and organisations together for the benefit of Knowsley and its residents. It provides information about groups and organisations offering services for people of all ages with a variety of needs in one place.
The directory can be used to find out how to access health services, such as GPs or dentists, what benefits you may be entitled to, steps you can take to help you remain in your own home for longer as well as generating ideas to take up a new hobby.