Are you expecting a bundle of joy soon and would like a little help preparing for their arrival? There are sessions across Knowsley coming up for you to receive all of the support you want.
Bump, Baby & Me
This seven week pregnancy course includes help and advice on a range of things including infant resuscitation, hypnobirth, exercise, finances/benefits, labour, infant feeding, healthy eating, bathing, mental health, sleeping and pain relief.
You don’t have to book – you can just turn up any time after your 12 week scan to receive some great advice, meet other parents-to-be and enjoy some refreshments.
Partners or grandparents are welcome to come along too.
Dates coming up:
- Tuesday 12 September to 24 October at Southmead Children’s Centre, Sherwood Drive, Whiston L35 3XZ
- Thursday 2 November to 14 December at Hilltop Children’s Centre, Bedford Close, Huyton L36 1XH
All of the sessions run from 10am to 12pm.
Holding Your Baby in Mind
Come along to eight sessions (four before your baby is born and four after) for support on looking after your new baby.
At the sessions, you will find out more about:
- Ways you can comfort your newborn baby
- How babies develop, learn, communicate and thrive
- Bonding with your baby
- Secure attachment – what it is, why it is important and how you can help your baby develop strong relationships, confidence and a love of learning
- Shaping the future of your baby’s emotional and physical development, and behaviour
If you are interested, you can contact Allison Wright, a Public Health Midwife, on 07769234394 or Hilltop Children’s Centre on 0151 443 5301
You can also hand this form in to your Children’s Centre or your community midwife.
Time for Me
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by parenthood or the prospect of it, come along to the wellbeing group at Hilltop Children’s Centre, Bedford Close, Huyton L36 1XH every Monday between 1pm and 3pm (excluding school holidays).
You can find out more about mindfulness, emotional awareness, sleep and relaxation, arts and craft therapy, and more.
For more information, call Hilltop Children’s Centre on 0151 443 5301 or speak to your health visitor or midwife.