There will be temporary changes to where buses pick up and drop off passengers in and around Huyton Bus Station over a period of four months.
Due to Network Rail’s Huyton Roby Capacity Scheme which will help deliver a better railway for Britain, Huyton Bus Station will be remodelled. The work being carried out by Network Rail will increase the number of railway tracks in Huyton from two to four, allow for faster and more frequent services, and bring major station improvements.
These are the temporary changes to know about if you are a frequent bus user in Huyton:
- Stand 1 will remain as a drop off stop
- Stands 2 and 3 will only be used for buses to layover
- The majority of buses will pick up passengers at 4 to 7
- Some of the bus services will relocated to bus stops on Lathom Road and Wilson Road
- Buses will not be entering from Huyton Hey Road
- Traffic flow will be on-way
These changes will take place between Monday 3 October 2016 and Sunday 5 February 2017.
The full details on using buses in Huyton can be found online at Merseytravel. Information on where to catch your bus will also be displayed around the bus station and staff at the station will always be happy to help.