Knowsley Council is appealing for applicants to take up School Crossing Patrol Officer roles across the borough. There are currently 12 vacant posts with a wide variety of working patterns available.
In a touching video, local lollipop man Alan Whalley talks about why he took up the role six years ago and what he loves about the job.
Councillor Shelley Powell, Cabinet Member for Communities and Neighbourhoods said: “We’re keen to find the right people to fulfil these vital roles and ensure that Knowsley’s children and young people are safe when travelling to and from school. This would be an ideal position for a grandparent or retired person who would like to play an active role in supporting the local community, but we welcome applications from all walks of life.”
No experience is required as full training will be provided, but the ideal candidates should have excellent communication skills, observation and awareness skills, the ability to remain calm and be assertive, as well as have excellent time keeping.
The following roles are available and you can apply via the Knowsley Council website.
- Valley Road, Kirkby – 18.3 hours per week
- Woolfall Heath Avenue / Fairclough Road, Huyton – 10 hours per week
- Church Road, Halewood – 5.4 hours per week
- Kirkby Row, Kirkby – 8.6 hours per week
- Bewley Drive, Kirkby – 10 hours per week
- Dragon lane/Shaw lane, Whiston – 5.8 hours per week
- Bank lane/Windermere Drive, Kirkby – 10 hours per week
- Broad Lane/ Crossland Road, Kirkby – 10 hours per week
- Warrington Road/Bridge Road, Prescot – 10 hours per week
- Twigg Lane/St Aloysius School, Huyton – 8.5 hours per week
- Higher Road/Portway, Halewood – 9 hours per week