Today’s closer look at Knowsley’s priorities for the next four years is around growth and jobs.
This is one of the six priorities laid out in the Strategy for Knowsley 2016-2020 which has been launched this week.
Knowsley is a key economic location within the Liverpool City Region, currently with 62,400 jobs across 3,700 businesses.
By 2020, the Knowsley Partnership believes we should have:
- More registered businesses and more jobs, with strong growth in advanced manufacturing and logistics;
- More businesses surviving three years after their launch;
- More residents who are self-employed/entrepreneurs;
- A growing population, including more economically independent residents;
- More residents in sustainable employment; and
- Residents’ earnings increasing at a faster rate than the national average.
Alan Seeley, Chair of the Knowsley Chamber of Commerce, explains how those targets will be delivered:
Read the Strategy for Knowsley 2016-2020.
You may also be interested in: