If you are an owner or occupier of a building in Prescot Town Centre, don’t miss out on your chance to apply for a grant to repair, restore or re-use your building which you may be eligible for.
The grants available are part of the Prescot Townscape Heritage Initiative (THI) which is a five year project to improve historic buildings and spaces in Prescot town centre, though the end of the THI is fast approaching. The initiative restores shopfronts, historic architectural features, historic buildings and open spaces and is supported by a Heritage Lottery Fun grant of £1.85 million.
What can be funded depends on each building but typically includes:
- Roof repairs
- Chimney repairs or reinstatement
- Brickwork and stonework repairs
- Repairing or reinstating historic windows, doors and shopfronts
- Fixing or replacing rainwater goods
The grants are eligible to fund all project overheads such as scaffolding and to cover architect’s, planning, valuation and structural engineer’s fees.
There are only certain buildings that are eligible for the grants. These are:
- 9-11 Atherton Street (Ladbroke’s)
- 14 Eccleston Street (Today’s Express)
- 25 Eccleston Street (shop vacant, formerly I E Legal)
- 33 Eccleston Street (Thomson’s)
- 50 Eccleston Street (Prescot Pound Shop Plus)
- 52 Eccleston Street (Key Shop Newsagent)
- 67 Eccleston Street (Rowlands Pharmacy)
- 72 Eccleston Street (‘Flat Iron Building’)
- 74-74a Eccleston Street (Continental Eyewear)
- 13 Market Place (China Palace)
- 15 Market Place (Santo’s Pizza)
- 17 Market Place (building vacant)
If you are the owner , leaseholder or occupier of any of the above buildings and would like to apply for a grant, please contact the THI Officer, Owen Barton on 07766 780370 or email email@example.com immediately, by 5pm on Tuesday 31 January 2017.
The council, the Heritage Lottery Fund and other local partners are funding the initiative which is helping to bring Prescot’s heritage back to life.
Developments by THI
40 High Street
54 Eccleston Street
56 Eccleston Street